8 Mar 2012
Lowongan Koordinator Water Sanitation / Watsan Nasional
The Indonesia Urban Water Sanitation and Hygiene (IUWASH) Project is a sixty-month program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented under the leadership of DAI. IUWASH works with government, the private sector, NGOs, community groups and other stakeholders to improve access to safe water supply and sanitation in Indonesia’s urban areas. The overall goal of IUWASH is to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in making significant progress in achieving its safe water and sanitation Millennium Development Goal (MDG) targets by expanding access to these services. The expected results to be achieved are: 2 million people in urban areas gain access to improved water supply; 200,000 people in urban areas gain access to improved sanitation facilities; and the per unit water cost paid by the poor in targeted areas decreases by at least 20%. To achieve the above, assistance provided by the project is divided under three main technical components, including:
1. Mobilizing demand for water supply and sanitation service delivery;
2. Improving and expanding capacity for water and sanitation service delivery; and
3. Strengthening policy and the financial enabling environment for improved water supply and sanitation service delivery.
The National Urban Sanitation Coordinator will be supporting and coordinating the IUWASH Urban Sanitation program in the target cities of IUWASH Regions as well as coordinate the IUWASH Urban Sanitation program with stakeholders at National level (national government, donors, Pokja-AMPL, and others).
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· Support IUWASH regions in identification of commitment for urban sanitation in selected IUWASH cities , especially on
o operation of an active sanitation working group (Pokja/San or Pokja-AMPL)
o existence of Citywide Sanitation Strategy, Sanitation white book or sanitation action plan
o recent real demand survey for sanitation
o other urban sanitation program, which can be integrated in the city sanitation action plans.
· Identify ongoing and planned programs by other donor agencies and/or Government institutions, both in IUWASH regions and National; discuss and agree on collaboration efforts with IUWASH (like USRI, INDII, Sanimas, Pamsimas, etc)
· support IUWASH Regions with development of new city sanitation working groups (Pokja/San or Pokja/AMPL), Sanitation Strategy / Action Plan (SSK, Buku Putih, EHRA) or strengthen existing ones in collaboration with other stakeholders and in accordance with National PPSP guidelines.
· Facilitate next steps of the PPSP program, which can be development of Program Memorandum, detailed feasibility and/or technical studies. Identify and arrange cost-sharing for these studies, designs from Local – and Central government and/or other donor agencies.
· In collaboration with other IUWASH specialists (BCC specialist, Community Based Engineer, Micro-and Municipal Finance specialists, Governance specialist) coordinate support for
o expansion of connections to current (or new) centralized sewerage networks,
o development of sanitation promotion /marketing materials and
o use of micro-finance to finance increase access to improved sanitation services.
o review current septic sludge collection and treatment systems, recommend improvements and leverage financial resources to improve current systems
· Support IUWASH DCOP / Component 2 Team Leader and IUWASH Regions with the preparation of IUWASH annual work plans and budgets for the agreed action plans, incorporating the cost-sharing and /or leveraging of local and (where possible) National stakeholders.
· Monitor and report on the IUWASH Urban Sanitation program in line with approved project proposals and budgets. Develop and monitor SOW for National level activities, implementation of training programs, seminars, promotion activities, exchange visits, etc.
· Support IUWASH DCOP/Component 2 Team lead in coordinating complete IUWASH Urban Sanitation Program and liaison with Central Government and donors on Urban Sanitation issues.
· Maintain regular contact with other Regional Urban Sanitation Specialists, join regular IUWASH meetings, and advice IUWASH DCOP/Component 2 Team lead on priority technical issues
· In conjunction with other specialist staff, develop and implement a technical and institutional monitoring program to assess the quality and effectiveness of IUWASH interventions; this includes direct support to the IUWASH Performance Monitoring Plan
· Periodically undertake special development projects e.g., reporting on concepts development, technical and institutional successes and/or lessons learnt. These deliverables may take the form of media presentations, press releases, professional articles or contributions to project newsletters, conferences or workshops.
· Other tasks as required by supervisor
1. Regular and timely inputs into IUWASH bi-weekly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as annual work plans;
2. Coordinate data input for IUWASH PMP, specifically for urban sanitation tasks;
3. Occasional article and/or essay highlighting IUWASH success stories, best practices, and lessons learned concerning urban sanitation;
4. Occasional Technical Reports and Publications, related to IUWASH work in urban sanitation, training programs conducted, and/or other emerging issues.
*Posting & Reporting Relationships*
The National Urban Sanitation Coordinator will be based in the IUWASH National office in Jakarta, with periodic visits to all IUWASH working locations within Indonesia This position can be requested by DAI and/or USAID, to travel to other Indonesian provinces or outside Indonesia for official duties.
The National Urban Sanitation Coordinator will report directly to the IUWASH DCOP/Component 2 Team lead for all activities
· A degree in environmental engineering with at least 5 years experience in similar fields, preferably at least 10 years.
· Good understanding of Indonesian Sanitation Sector, Government agencies and donors involved, as well as current regulations and programs at National, Provincial and Local level
· Specific experience in current Urban Sanitation (PPSP) program, including frequent communication with PPSP secretariat and/or Ministry of Public Works
· Preferably hands on experience in facilitating sanitation programs with local, Provincial and /or national government.
· Experience in preparing ToR for field activities and monitoring /supervision of activities, including events, short term consultants, training programs, exposure trips, etc.
· Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the technical and managerial responsibilities proposed
· Written and oral fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and Strong English writing and speaking skills
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae with 3 referees to IUWASH.email@example.com by March 17th, 2011.
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the title of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.