4 March 2010
Administrative and Finance Assistant – Kupang
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
IOM Indonesia is looking for Administrative and Finance Assistant according to the terms of reference below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to hrindonesia@ iom.int not later than 09 March 2010 indicating the reference code below as subject. All candidates are requested to specify their availability date in the application form. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Reference No : SVN/ID10/2010/ 006
Position Title : Administrative and Finance Assistant
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 4
Duty Station : Kupang – Indonesia
Type & Duration of Contract : Special all-inclusive, 3 months with possibility of extension
General Functions :
Under the guidance and direct supervisor of National Head of Sub Office (HO) in Kupang and overall guidance of Resources Management Officer in Jakarta, the field-based Administrative and Finance Assistant will be responsible for providing in particular, he/she will:
1. Receive and checking all incoming invoices/official receipts for accuracy before processing requests for payments
2. Process and release cash and cheque payments to staff and/or other payees as approved by the National Head of Sub-Office, ensuring that signed official receipts support all payments
3. Responsible for petty cash and handle petty cash requirements and reimbursement of approved expenditures of staff
4. Maintain daily balance book to support petty cash
5. Prepare monthly financial report reflecting all cash receipts and expenditures for reviewed by National Head of Sub-Office and submission to the Jakarta office
6. Prepare monthly budget and submit to Jakarta Office for approval and subsequent transfer funds
7. Maintain an efficient filling system of all financial and other supporting documents
8. Ensure that the Daily Subsistence Allowance computation for official travel is correct and accurate before releasing funds
9. Distribute mobile phone bills to staff and ensure prompt payment of all individual and personal calls
10. Conduct random checks to ensure that all calls identified a work-related are justifiably so
11. Provide clerical assistance (drafting letters of correspondence, etc) as necessary
12. Maintain an efficient filling system for each project implemented in the field.
13. Set appointments for Senior staff and make Travel Arrangements for HO and/or Immigration and police escorts during IM movement
14. Maintain copies of updates confidential individual records of employees based in Makassar and ensure that copies of all relevant documents related to staff employment are enclosed, such as updated Personal History Forms, Curriculum Vitae Medical forms (claims, receipts), contracts, etc
15. Assist in the preparation and maintain file of Travel Authorization for staff on approved official trips
16. Maintain employee attendance and leave records and communicate with Human Resources in Jakarta for payroll purposes
17. Generate and prepare administrative report as required
18. Prepare Minutes of meeting as required
19. Undertake other administrative and finance duties that may be assigned from time to time which are commensurate to the position
Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration with at least three years working experience in these fields,
Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage. Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyse and interpret source information and data. High level of computer literacy is required, particularly in IOM computerized accounting systems. Good knowledge of MS office, specifically EXCEL.
Good communication skills. Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking. Ability to lead, coach and work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds is a requirement.
Thorough knowledge of English.