8 February 2010
Sampoerna Foundation is looking for PROJECT COORDINATOR to join
the Sampoerna Foundation Team in Jakarta according to the terms of reference below:
Terms of Reference:
Project: Education Recovery Program
Report to: Program Director
Duty Station: Jakarta
About Sampoerna Foundation:
Sampoerna Foundation is the social enterprise arm of the Sampoerna Group dedicated to improving education in Indonesia for the creation of young leaders. By supporting and supplementing government education programs and initiatives, the Foundation focuses its resources towards providing for the development of future leaders with moral integrity and a strong commitment to social justice.
Established since 2001, it has grown from the granting of scholarships and student assistance for financially disadvantaged youths, to the training of teachers and principals from state schools, to the adoption of state schools for quality improvement, to the establishment of international standard Academies with boarding education, and currently to the development of a world-class University. With over 32,000 scholarships awarded, 14,000 teachers trained and 24 schools adopted, the achievements of the Foundation have since been officially recognized by the government with the granting of a license for a degree-granting University.
Education Recovery Program aims to rebuild the lives of teachers and students and to restore the education sector in disaster-afflicted areas in cooperation with the local government, educational offices and our partners. Since 2004, we have deployed humanitarian aid projects under the Education Recovery Program in Aceh, Yogyakarta , Pangandaran, and many other places across the country.
With the support of various stakeholders, we have been able to provide school facility assistance, emergency school tents, water purification systems, school rehabilitation and construction, lab school construction and provincial library rehabilitation. We have also provided teacher and student scholarships, teacher training, textbook donations, and national test and university entrance exam preparation tutorials.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the implementation of Education Recovery Program, including:
1. Prepare consolidated Annual Work Plans and budgets, and regular performance reports under the guidelines of the Program Director
2. Assist the Program Director in monitoring, reviewing, and identifying new programs and activities of the Education Recovery Program
3. Work closely with the Program Director to align the priorities and activities of projects with the priorities and developments of the Foundation, and to ensure effective and timely implementation
4. Support the Program Director in authorizing the commitment of expenditures in line with the scope of approved projects and work plans
5. Maintain a consolidated record of overall programs and project initiatives funded by donors
6. Prepare Terms of Reference for and mobilize consultancy inputs that are required to support program planning and monitoring work (as necessary)
7. Promote and support donor coordination initiatives
8. Support team work, effective information flow and problem-solving for the Education Recovery Program team
1. Bachelors Degree in social sciences or other related fields
2. Project management certification is an added value
3. At least 5 years experience in managing development projects and/or community development programs, preferable building reconstruction
4. Knowledge and professional experience on logical frameworks of project planning process, including budgeting
5. High level of English (oral and written)
6. Excellent communications skills (ability to present complex information to a wide variety of internal and external audiences)
7. Initiative to work independently with minimal supervision at times
8. Ability to work effectively as part of a team
9. Computer Skills: Office, Project Management, Mind map.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including cover letter, CV and references (at least three names with full contact details) to havie.gafur@ sampoernafoundat ion.org not later than 11 February 2010 indicating “ERP- Project Coordinator” as subject. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.