4 February 2010
Proyek buat 5 tahun ke depan
Engineering Service Consultant (ESC)
OBJECTIVE OF ENGINEERING SERVICE CONSULTANT
The objective of the Consulting Service is to facilitate the implementation of the project by assisting the Implementation Agency (ITB). The services consist of engineering and design work, preparing pre-qualification and tender documents, and supervising the construction of the Development of Bandung Institute of Technology (III) by assisting ITB and each faculty.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The Consultant shall carry out and control the design stage and supervise the building and infrastructure construction, supervise the supply of equipment and furniture under the JICA ODA Loan, and liaise, coordinate and supervise as one of the juries/judges in the selection process of the winners of the design competition.
The services for which the Consultants are responsible on behalf of and in collaboration with ITB are outlined below.
A. Building construction (Detailed Design/Pre-construction Stage)
- Collection and analysis of updated data and information including local regulations, laws, decree or building codes
- Review of previous studies
- Coordination of the Project design with the campus master plan team as required
- Topographical and geotechnical surveys for the construction of the new buildings
- Providing assistance in preparing the Environmental Management and Monitoring for the construction of the new buildings
- A Senior International Architect shall participate as a juror for the design competition
- Preparing the jurors’ report on the design competition to ITB and to JICA
- Implementation and incorporation of the design competition results
- In Bandung, together with the design competition winner(s) preparing the preliminary designs to be approved by ITB representative(s)
- Liaison, coordination and supervision of the winning design from the preliminary designs until the completion of detailed designs for the buildings to be constructed
- Reviewing and/or preparing the as-built drawings of the existing buildings to be renovated for the proposed CITIE, CIBE and CADL centers
- Preparing the preliminary designs for the renovation works of the proposed CITIE, CIBE and CADL centers based on the users requirements and criteria.
- Preparing detailed design(s) for the renovation works of the CITIE, CIBE and CADL centers
- Providing input and control of the design stages by taking into account the required equipment and furniture to be installed
- Preparing the detailed design for the infrastructure services to be constructed
- Preparing the pre-qualification (P/Q) documents, including the evaluation criteria
- Preparing the construction method and schedule
- Preparing the construction cost estimate for the renovation and construction of the new facilities
- Preparing the tender and contract documents, complying with JICA requirements
- Assisting ITB and the contractors in applying for and getting Ijin Mendirikan Bangunan (IMB) for the new and renovated buildings to Bandung Municipality Government
- Assisting the bidding process, the evaluation of bidders, and negotiation with the Contractor(s)
- Preparing of Final Design Report including the result of the design competition, development of the winning design, and renovation works.
B. Construction Supervision Stage
- Preparing Project Master Program/Schedule
- Reviewing the design and engineering products including its technical specifications
- Preparing project work procedures
- Providing leadership for kick-off meeting(s)
- Providing leadership for periodic meetings for project construction
- Reviewing and approving the construction schedule proposed by the contractors
- Reviewing and approving the construction method proposed by the contractors
- Coordinating and supervising the contractors’ work progress
- Reviewing and approving shop drawings, mock-ups, construction materials, etc., proposed by the contractors
- Assisting in the technical and administrative control over progress payments to the contractor
- Evaluating and assisting in solving contractor’s claims arising from changed orders, force majeure, etc
- Preparing change order documents
- Reviewing and approving as-built drawings and other documents
- Preparing a list of defective works before handing over the works
- Coordinating and supervising the correction of the defective works on the list
- Coordinating and approving the testing and commissioning of the completed works
- Assisting in the connection of the utilities (electric power, telecommunications and water)
- Collecting all certifications, waranties, operation manuals and other documents necessary for the O/M of the works from the contractor/supplier
- Reviewing and approving all documents and certificates related to the hand-over of the works
- Coordinating and approving final testing
- Supervising the post construction works (Defect Liability Period) including the building operation and maintenance etc
C. Equipment and Furniture Supply
- Reviewing of relevant projects and development of preliminary equipment and furniture plan
- Final selection of equipment and furniture to be purchased in coordination with PIU
- Preparing tender documents, including P/Q tender documents, and preparation of layout plans and specifications of equipment and furniture
- Assisting in the tendering process, such as assistance in evaluating tenders, and negotiating with Supplier(s) for the procurement of equipment and furniture
- Assisting in the operation and maintenance in order to give advice upon handover of the site so that efficient operation and maintenance can be undertaken by the campus facility management, and assist each faculty in implementing the operation and maintenance (O/M) system by checking and endorsing the O/M manual prepared by the contractor(s)
- Supervising post-installation works (Warranty Period)
In carrying out the scope of work mentioned in the earlier section, the Consultants need to be familiar with Indonesian regulations and laws and the following multidisciplinary team of the Consultant is required.
Team Leader /Co Team Leader (Deputy Project Manager) (International/Local): with at least 12 years of work experience in project management activities on institutional development projects. He/she should also have experience in planning and designing of architectural work and in controlling construction works. This person shall also liaise with, coordinate and supervise the competition winning design architect.
Senior Architects (International/Local): He/she should be excellent in managing and coordinating the project and shall be responsible for day-to-day management and team leadership of the project. He/she should also have with at least 12 years experience as a senior architect and 10 years as an architect with work experience in architectural design and in supervision of similar projects, and in overall control & coordination of other disciplines (structural, mechanical/electrical, utility, civil, etc.) in both design and supervision. This person shall also liaise with, coordinate and supervise the competition winning design architect.
Junior Architects (Local): He/she should assist the senior architect in managing and coordinating the project and shall be responsible for design development and day-to-day management of the project. He/she should also have at least 5 years experience as an architect.
Structural Engineers (International/Local): with at least 12 years for senior structural engineer and 10 years for structural engineer of work experience in structural design and supervision of similar works.
Electrical and ICT Engineers (International/Local): with at least 12 years for senior electrical and ICT engineer and 10 years for electrical and ICT engineer of work experience in design and supervision of similar building electrical works including power supply, telecommunication, information and communication technology, lighting and systems, etc.
Mechanical Engineers (International/Local): with at least 12 years for senior mechanical engineer and 10 years for mechanical engineer of work experience in design and supervision of similar building mechanical works. International mechanical engineer must have experience in clean room design for educational institutions. He/she must be a certified mechanical engineer approved by the Lembaga Pengembangan Jasa Konstruksi (LPJK) in Indonesia
Engineers Junior – Structural/Electrical/Mechanical (Local): He/she should assist the senior engineers in managing and coordinating the project and shall be responsible for design development and day-to-day management of the project. He/she should also have at least 3 years experience as an engineer.
Sanitary Plumbing Engineers (Local): with at least 12 years for senior plumbing engineer and 10 years for plumbing engineer of work experience in design and supervision of similar building plumbing works. He/she must be a certified engineer approved by the Lembaga Pengembangan Jasa Konstruksi (LPJK) in Indonesia
Utility Engineers (International/Local): with at least 10 years for utility engineering specifically in the development and implementation in the field of nanotechnology. This person should have work experience in design and supervision of similar building works.
Civil Engineer (Local): with at least 10 years of work experience in design and supervision of similar civil works including sewage, drainage and road works.
Landscape Architect (Local): with at least 10 years of work experience in landscape design and supervision of similar works.
Equipment Engineers (International/Local): with at least 12 years for senior equipment engineer and 10 years for equipment engineer of work experience in planning and installation of similar education equipment.
Tender Documents Specialists (International/Local): with at least 10 years of work experience in pre-qualification documentation for contractors and equipment suppliers and in the evaluation of tenders of a similar nature for international and local tender purposes.
Quantity Surveyor (Local): with at least 10 years of work experience in BQ calculation and cost estimation of similar projects.
Construction Supervision Specialists (International/Local): with at least 12 years of work experience in construction supervision and controlling activities related to construction contracts.
Project Management Consultant (PMC)
OBJECTIVE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
The objective of PMC is to facilitate the implementation of the project by assisting the Implementation Agency (ITB). Project Management Consultant (hereinafter referred to as the Consultant) shall assist the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) in its task of monitoring and managing all project activities.
The Consultant’s activities shall consist of managing and monitoring parts of the project which are non-technical in nature and are or are not covered by the activities of the PMC, such as budget management and administration of the project.
SCOPE OF WORKS
The project management for which the candidates of Project Management Consultant are responsible on behalf of and in collaboration with ITB are outlined below.
- To supervise, control and coordinate the administration and management activities related to the construction activities, procurement activities, and staff developments (including the Academic Advisor and Fellowship Service Agent) to ensure successful implementation of the project in terms of schedule, payment, delivery of materials and equipment, quality, compliance to the auditing requirement, etc.
- To conduct a technical evaluation of the design competition entries and to report the evaluation result or advice to the competition judges. The judges shall regard the Consultant’s evaluation result as one of the considerations for the selection of the winning design(s). This scope of services is only applicable if the selection of PMC is completed prior to the design competition starting date.
- To identify problems which may occur during the implementation of the project, and proposing alternatives/precaution measures to be adopted.
- To develop a monitoring and evaluation system for the management, financial, procurement, and progress of all project component
- To establish baseline data and all information needed for post project evaluation
- To provide progress reports of the works for Development Project of Institut Teknologi Bandung III
- To establish and conduct the Evaluation and Monitoring System
- To prepare the project completion report
In carrying out the scope of work mentioned in the earlier section, the Consultant shall have sufficient understanding of the Indonesian regulations and laws, and JICA guidelines, regulations and procedures. Further, the following multidisciplinary team of the Consultant shall be required.
- Project Management Expert/Team Leader (Local)
- Construction management expert (Deputy Team Leader) (Local)
- Procurement management expert (Local)
- Financial management expert (Local)
- Monitoring and evaluation expert (Local)