2 December 2009
Just sharing, karena nampaknya banyak rekan2 di Suamtera Barat yang ingin membangun kembali daerahnya pasca gempa.
Vacancy in CARE International Indonesia: Shelter Specialist (SS)-Pariaman West Sumatera
CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and micro-credit.
CARE Indonesia in Pariaman, West Sumatera, is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
JOB TITLE : SHELTER SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROJECT/ WSER
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
This position for technical assistance on safer building techniques and education and awareness rising of disaster risk reduction approaches to the reconstruction phase
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
1. Work with the CARE and the P3SD Pariaman teams to collect already existing appropriate documentation from CARE, Shelter cluster, UN Habitat, Build Change, the GoI and other local and international NGOs
2. Training needs analysis and identification of communication strategy: determine the best communication strategy and learning tools for the trainers to use within the community, such as printmaterials, community trainings, radio, market stalls, pilot houses, participants workbooks, practical teaching models and other learning tools. Some of these may not be done within this project but could be used if further funding is secured. Identify participant selection criteria.
3. Modify existing CARE training modules for community trainers to make it specific to West Sumatra context.
4. Facilitation of the learning events: The trainers will train CARE’s partner staff (ToT) to become trainers for the community members. Balance between presentations and practical examples found within the community.
5. Liaise closely with the project manager and the emergency coordinator
6. Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
7. Learning event report.
1) Education:S1 Civil Engineer.
2) At least 3 years experience working with international or local non government organizations.
3) At least 3 years experience in the related field.
4) Familiarity with community level participatory approaches.
5) Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member.
6) Ability to work in a team and under pressure. The position requires an individual who is flexible, can work overtime when required, who learns quickly and who leads teams effectively.
7) Ability to lead, motivate and manage people and build staff capacity.
8) Proven good understanding with Excel and Word.
9) Good communication in English both verbal and written.
TERMS OF OFFER:
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before December 7th 2009 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”