2 December 2009
Just sharing, karena nampaknya banyak rekan2 di Suamtera Barat yang ingin membangun kembali daerahnya pasca gempa.
Vacancy in CARE International Indonesia: Hyegiene
Promotion Specialist (HPS)-Pariaman, West Sumatera
CARE International Indonesia (CII), as an international NGO, has carried out large scale operations in Indonesia, encompassing emergency operations, transitional activities centered on agriculture and nutrition and a range of development initiatives in such areas as water and sanitation, health and micro-credit.
CARE Indonesia in Pariaman, West Sumatera, is currently recruiting the following position for its project:
JOB TITLE : HYGIENE PROMOTION SPECIALIST
DEPARTMENT/PROJECT : PROJECT/ WSER
REPORTS TO : PROJECT MANAGER
Reporting to Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the WASH in emergency and early recovery
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
· The Hygiene Promotion specialist provides technical leadership and advice across overall program and activities within CARE WSER Framework and Strategic, on Hygiene Promotion
· The Hygiene Promotion specialist is also responsible for providing technical support and capacity building for her/his counterpart, Project Managers and Field Staff to ensure performance of high quality work.
· The Hygiene Promotion specialist together with Project is responsible to actively participate in the development and implementation of policies and mechanism for development activities, collaboration and internal and external coordination to ensure integrated of all program components.
· The Hygiene Promotion specialist represents CARE at different level (provincial and district) in Hygiene Promotion related issues.
· Develop mechanism to ensure high quality performance in program activities according to international and national standards in Hygiene Promotion with emphasis on SPHERE and GOI standards as outlined in related regulations.
· Ensure that water and sanitation activities do link with strategies developed in various sectors and are based on CARE programming approaches such as HLS and RBA.
· Develop and prepare necessary tools to ensure the proper implementation of the determined mechanism and disseminate it to implementing staff
· Together with Project Manager ensures Hygiene Promotion specific monitoring and evaluation system, including ensuring the delivery of high quality donor reports
· Together with the Project Manager ensure coherence in sanitation and hygiene promotion strategies
· Provide technical feedback, lead and approve design of new project activities, and participate in preparing concept papers, proposal and budget related to Hygiene Promotion.
· Ensure operation and maintenance, environment and sustainability issues are considered and factored into programme design
· Provide functional supervision to technical program staff
· If appropriate, provide Technical assistance to CARE partners
· Manage relationships with partner agencies in the field of Hygiene Promotion.
· Provide detail and development for staffing requirements and Terms of Reference as well as assist in the recruitment and interview process
· Develop manual and conduct training for CARE staff and stakeholders on Hygiene Promotion issues, to ensure capacity building
· Assess CARE overall goals and activities, and strategically initiate collaboration with external partners to ensure strengthening of collective efforts in Hygiene Promotion in Pariaman
· Stay well informed of developments in the Hygiene Promotion within Overall government and cluster plan for the reconstruction of Pariaman.
· Actively participate in coordination meetings with other NGOs and government at the provincial and district level and establish good rapport with local body authorities involved in WASH sector
· Ensure positive interaction and good relations with partner organizations.
1) Education:Minimum S1 in Environmental health
2) At least 3 years experience working with international or local non government organizations
3) At least 3 years experience in the related field
4) Demonstrated capacity to work as a team member
5) Ability to work in a team and under pressure. The position requires an individual who is flexible, can work overtime when required, who learns quickly and who leads teams effectively.
6) Ability to lead, motivate and manage people and build staff capacity.
7) Proven good understanding with Excel and Word
8) Good communication in English both verbal and written
TERMS OF OFFER:
CARE is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial working environment. Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions, and detailed curriculum vitae, with names and addresses of three referees (including telephone, fax numbers and email address). Please DO NOT attached academic transcripts and Diplomas and state clearly the applied position code in the email subject.
Please submit your applications before December 7th 2009 to CARE International Indonesia, Human Resources Unit:
“Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted”