26 June 2009
The International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent
Societies (IFRC) is looking for a candidate to fill the post of:
Position : Senior Procurement Officer
Based of Assignment : Banda Aceh
No. of Hired : 1 person
Type ofContract : Fixed Term
Key tasks and responsibilities:
– To follow the Federation standard procurement practices and keep records to
fulfill audit trail standard.
– To obtain no less than three quotations, prepare a Comparative Bid Analysis and
recommendations, with all information being systematically recorded in Purchase
Committee minutes where appropriate.
– To liaise with the Procurement Coordinator for major procurement in Banda Aceh andregionsandpartic ularlyfor PNSs.
– Withappropriate authorization execute the purchase of appropriate supplies and arrange delivery in a timely and cost effective manner.
– To liaise and coordinate with the relevant offices/departments /functions regarding
delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes in a timely manner.
– To identity and maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database
for regularly purchased items, and keep informed of local market conditions.
– To establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with suppliers
and inspection companies.
– To prepare monthly procurement report and payment forecast for Banda Aceh.
– Through extensive travel and market investigation ensure that all purchased goods are
of the Federation standard and fit for the purpose, and have appropriate inspection certificates as required.
– To liase with international, governmental and non-governmental organizations and
collaborate where appropriate.
– To support, train and develop Delegates, Local Staff and National Society staff as
– To produce regular, timely and accurate narrative and financial reports for the Federation and donors
Qualification, Experiences and competencies:
– University level in commercial studies or equivalent
– Good experience in managing people
– Have an ability in problems solver
– Have a Red Cross Red Crescent experience is preferable
– Have experience in related field for minimum 3 years
– Have experience in negotiation and conflict resolution
– Good computer knowledge (word, excel)
– Fluent in English both written and spoken
– Good health condition
– Coordination and networking skills
– Self motivation and pro-activity
– Commitment to the international red cross and red crescent movement; integrity & personal conduct
Please submit your application, curriculum vitae,
supporting documents and salary expectation at the latest on Tuesday June 30,
2009 at 5 PM to IFRC HR Unit:
Email: acheh.loker@ ifrc.org or to:
Jeumpiet No. 18B, Desa Ajun Jeumpiet, Kec. Darul Imarah, Aceh Besar 23353
the position and based as email subject or write it at the left corner of