20 June 2009
International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent ( IFRC ) on behalf of American Red Cross Tsunami Recovery Program (TRP) had been established to direct the organization’s response to the South Asia tsunami disaster. The TRP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in tsunami affected
countries in Asia and East Africa in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners. Please visit http://www.redcross. org/tsunamirelie f
TRP Delegation operates from offices in Banda Aceh, Calang, Lamno. It also has liaison offices in Jakarta, and other areas in Aceh province in collaboration with the Indonesian Red Cross.
We are seeking dynamic individuals to fill the :
POSITION : Staff Development Officer
No of Hired : 1 Person
Base of Assignment : Banda Aceh
Type of contract : Fixed term
1. Strategy Development & planning
a) Develop development strategies that includes program plans for capacity building, policies and resource needs required at personal, group and infrastructural level
b) Prepare annual operating/budget plan of staff development and wellness programs
c) Assist in preparing staff development and wellness operating budget/plans and activities
2. Resource acquisition and management
Develop network with professional institution for resource related to staff development, skills and counseling or professional advisory related services.
a Develop staff capacity to:
· Improve communication skill
· Prioritize skill development of staff which broadens their opportunities .
4. Network & Coordination
a) Develop network with other organization and professionals to gain insight on capacity development opportunities for staff or resource in technical or professional areas interest.
b) Work with program managers in the field with staff development & wellness issues
5. Management and leadership
a) Manage overall staff wellness program for staff in the Indonesia office
b) Work with HR Coordinator to develop policies and/or contribute to support system for staff well being
· Health care access and services that include life threatening illness
· Staff Security
· Facilities for women staff during breastfeeding periods
· Project Phase out.
· Referrals for counseling services for staff and family members
· Work and life balance practice
1. Educational qualification:
Bachelor’s in HR development/ psychology social development management or related field
2. Professional experience:
· Requires 3 -5 years experiences in with understanding of Human resource
management in the areas of staff wellness, international organization (i.e INGO)
· A proven record of developing people in a cross-cultural setting
· Experience in capacity development – including skill development, vocational training, business development, improving communication skill etc.
3. Competence: Technical related Job specifics:
· Experience in capacity building, skills development and HR development
· Rapport with and respect of colleagues
· Sensitivity to the problems of other-natural empathy
· Good listening skills
Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
Please submit your
application and curriculum vitae to hr@amredcross. org put Job
title in Subject line. Only applications in English and short listed candidates
will be notified. Applications submitted after June 26, 2009 will not be considered.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply