20 June 2009
The applications should be submitted to email mentioned below.
NATIONAL TECHNICAL ADVISOR (FAO- HPAI/ NTA/16/ 06-65) (NATIONAL)
Location : FAO , 6th floor,
Directorate of Animal Health, Building C, Ministry of Agriculture, Ragunan,
South Jakarta, INDONESIA
Application Deadline :01-Jul-09
Type of Contract :Other
Languages Required :English
Duration of Initial Contract :three months
with possibility of extension
THIS IS FAO POST, PLEASE SEND DIRECTLY APPLICATION IN LINE WITH
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AS OUTLINED BELOW.
I. Organizational Context
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a United Nations agency which
provides technical assistance in Indonesia. One of our projects
since 2006 provides support for the control of , in cooperation
with national and regional Indonesian government livestock authorities. Project
activities are conducted in various locations nationwide.
The National Technical Advisor shall operate under the overall guidance of the
FAO , the general technical supervision of the
Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) Regional Manager
based in the Regional Office for Asia and the
Pacific (RAP) and the operational supervision of the Chief, Emergency
Operations Service (TCEO). The incumbent will be under the direct supervision
of the Team Leader and Veterinary Technical Advisor (VTA) of the FAO HPAI
Programme in Indonesia and the general operational and administrative guidance of the FAO
Duties and Responsibilities
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
1. holding focus group discussions (FGDs) with collector yard owners, workers and other stakeholders involved in poultry transport to develop a sustainable system for cleaning and disinfection of poultry transport vehicles and crates;
2. comparing technology and materials options for cleaning and disinfection that are locally available, effective and sustainable;
3. drafting and conducting field trials of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for improved Biosecurity and decontamination at collector yards and within the poultry transport system in cooperation with the VTA and Decontamination Specialist;
4. drafting training materials and conducting trainings for stakeholders on the decontamination SOPs in cooperation with the VTA and Decontamination Specialist;
5. establishing contact and working arrangements with appropriate staff of the Ministry of Agriculture and other local government departments/ divisions and organizations;
6. overseeing the field implementation of SOPs following trainings;
7. establishing a monitoring system, including performance indicators;
8. preparing and implementing clear communication messages addressing the different categories of stakeholders and implement effective awareness functions;
9. monitoring project activities and help ensure adherence to the work plan timeframe and make recommendations for any required procedures and changes to the project;
10. assisting with the preparation of project reports to the ECTAD Team Leader.
11. organizing a closing workshop at the end of project activities for the presentation of project achievements and to make recommendations for possible follow up/development interventions.
12. Perform other related duties as requested by the ECTAD Team Leader, Operation officer, and Veterinary Technical Advisor.
13. Draft quarterly reports, mid-term report and briefs.
14. Prepare a final report containing a complete review of activities undertaken, major results obtained, problems encountered, and progress towards achieving the specific objectives of the project. A section on recommendations and lessons learned, presenting guiding principles for future interventions, will be included. The report should be submitted to ECTAD no later than two weeks after completion of the assignment.
III. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the success of FAO/ GOI Avian Influenza
Control Programme implementation in Indonesia.
* Demonstrates commitment to FAO vision, mission and values
* Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
* Contributes effectively to team work and team outcomes
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
* Ability to plan own work, manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure of tight and conflicting deadlines.
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and public relation skills.
Required Skills and Experience
V. Recruitment Qualifications
* Have related/relevant qualification with 2 years experience in poultry disease management, Biosecurity, and disinfection related activities.
* Have experience in the commercial poultry industry in Indonesia
* Knowledge of the FAO system and relevant experience in project management would be an advantage.
* Possess good planning, coordination, interpersonal and .
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision
* Good knowledge of the English language and speak Bahasa fluently
All applications should be addressed to
Operations Support Unit
Office of the FAO Representative in
11th Floor Menara Thamrin Building
Jl. M. H. Thamrin Kav 3 Jakarta 10250
Email address: FAO-ID@fao.org
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a one-page cover
letter and updated curriculum vitae (CV in English) together with complete
contact details of three professional references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted