10 April 2009
Program Officer – Palu
SERASI is a USAID funded project which supports Indonesia’s continuing evolution into a peaceful, just and democratic nation with respect for pluralism and protection of human rights for all citizens, accomplished through rapid and flexible programmatic, administrative and logistical support for USAID’s strategic grants and technical assistance program to mitigate social conflict and support peacebuilding initiatives nationwide. Our program currently includes activities planned for Aceh, Papua, Sulawesi, and the Maluku. SERASI is implemented by the International Relief and Development (IRD), an international non-profit organization in Indonesia. SERASI seeks individuals for the position of:
Title : SERASI Program Officer
Department : Program
Supervisor : Program \Manager/Field Manager
Location : Palu
General Description of Role:
The Program Officer will responsible for developing more collaborative and transparent relationships among NGOs, academic institutions, private sectors and the Government. Ensuring there is an adequate and appropriate process to meet all procedure and guidelines. Areas of responsibility include assistance to peace processes, increased peace building capacity, security sector related issues and crisis rapid response capacities.
1. Undertake all substantive development of proposals to get them to the grant signature stage;
2. Ensure proposal and institutional compliance in the program development process;
3. Ensure there is internal consistency in the proposals with program and financial elements;
4. Work closely with the procurement section to ensure that potential procurement actions in the proposal are feasible;
5. Produce all reporting as required by the Program Manager/Field Manager;
6. Gather procurement data in a PBMS friendly format including by sex desegregations to give to for uploading;
7. Contribute to the contents of the Grants manual and the formulation of grants guidelines as needed;
8. Act as a regular member of the Grants Selection Committee;
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager/Field Manager.
Minimum diploma degree in relevant field (relevant experience may substitute the relevant degree). Minimum 3 years working experiences in a similar position in an NGO or an international organization and in community development, work with community based management.
1. Fluency or near effective communicator, dynamic and creative
2. Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage community and working in a multi-cultural workplace.
4. Able to write program plans, budget and proposals for all future projects of the program
5. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
Must have a willingness to travel to SERASI field offices for business purposes. Must also have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
“If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying, you MUST submit your CV electronically. To do so, visit http://www.ird.or.id and select “Careers.” Then further select “Open Opportunities.” Select the opportunity for which you wish to apply, and follow the instructions. You will be able to upload your CV in WORD format on this site. Other documentation is not required at this time. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted”.
No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRD IS AN.