15 Oktober 2008
Dikutip dari website http://www.undp.or.id
Saya sengaja memuat iklan-iklan lowongan ini selain untuk informasi bagi pencari kerja, juga memberikan gambaran bagi adik2 yang masih kuliah, agar tahu persis bagaimana sosok Tenaga Ahli Konsultan berkelas dunia yang dibutuhkan di Indonesia. Biar ngga bingung dan sibuk tawuran aja hehe….
PROJECT MANAGER – AGI-GORONTALO AREA (RE-ADVERTISED)
|Application Deadline :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Level :
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected canditate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :
||1 year (renewable)
|UNDP Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
ART GOLD Indonesia (AGI) Programme has been designed by group of UN agencies under UNDP leadership to promote the strategic articulation among the development cooperation institutions and programmes that support national and local dynamics of Governance and Local development. The selected areas of intervention are the Provinces of Gorontalo and NTT.
The objective of the Art Gold Indonesia Programme is to create, support and strengthen decentralized cooperation partnerships between municipalities in Indonesia and European municipalities and regions, which will set a foundation for a broader process of local development and support to the decentralisation process in Indonesia.
AGI will continue to a multi level approach that simultaneously implements activities at the local, national and international levels. At the international level the programme will support the exchange of innovations, experience and good practices with other southern and northern countries in view of internationalization of the Indonesian cultural, economic and social reality. At the national level the programme will support capacity building and training activities in the field of governance and local development with the national government and other institutions, as well as promote discussions through seminars, workshops and events aimed at the validation of the programme methodologies and their extension to other provinces. At the local level the programme aims at implementing concrete projects and activities under five components – Governance, Local Economic Development, Education and Vocational Training, Social Development and Environment.
The project objectives are shaped by provincial and district working groups that are established during the Project Initiation phase. These working groups are participatory and inclusive fora, which are comprised of relevant stakeholders from the local governments, the civil society and the private sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Functions / Key Results Expected
- The Area Manager is responsible for the management and implementation of all AGI activities within Gorontalo and in accordance with the AGI area work-plan in coordination with the Gorontalo Program Coordinator and directly supervised by AGI Chief Technical Advisor (CTA);
- Within the overall scope and objectives of the AGI programme will ensure smooth implementation of activities which are coordinated with and funded by decentralized cooperation partners and various donors;
- Facilitate the establishment of Provincial and Local Working Groups in Gorontalo;
- Liaise with Local Government officials and ensure their continued support and involvement within all AGI programme activities in the areas;
- Liaise with Spanish decentralized cooperation partners regarding funding and technical cooperation aspects concerning their involvement in the specific area;
- Advise and assist CTA in donor relations and international activities concerning project fund raising for the assigned area;
- Ensure that open and transparent procedures, in line with UNDP Rules and Regulations, are applied by all project staff in the assigned area;
- Supervise and guide local area project staff and government employees assigned to the project; evaluate progress and effectiveness and ensure high quality performance in accordance with operational procedures;
- Share with and communicate to donors, partners and other stakeholders information about the programme in the assigned area;
Specific duties include
- To assist national and local counterparts in the creation and operation of the working groups at provincial and local level, particularly looking at institutionalizing the Art methods into regular workflow of the institutions involved;
- To accompany the working groups in the programming and implementing phases, following Art methodologies and local installed capacity;
- Facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of all AGI sub-projects in the assigned area;
- Monitor and analyze specific aspects of project development and implementation, review relevant documents and reports and identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions;
- Guide and support the AGI Area Project Team to ensure a transparent and consultative planning process, a smooth and efficient implementation of project activities and an efficient monitoring and evaluation of activities;
- Conduct participatory planning cycles in the Gorontalo province;
- Support the elaboration of territorial marketing documents and regional plans for international cooperation;
- Define and supervise the implementation of initial impact and strategic projects in Gorontalo;
- Prepare a detailed work-plan and related documentation for all project activities at local level in close consultation with the local counterparts and the working groups;
- Train the Local Working Group members in ART methodology and approach and ensure that local level in programming and implementation of project activities are in line with UNDP rules and regulations and the ART methodology;
- Provide technical and administrative support to local personnel and international consultants;
- Elaborate substantive and financial reports and other related documentation with regards to the activities at local level in close collaboration with the local counterparts and the Working Groups;
- Perform any other duties if and when required.
Impact of Results
The setting up of the whole Art Gold Indonesia structure at provincial level thus the articulations between stakeholders involved in the programme at provincial, national and international level is crucial to ensure the achievement of the objectives of the project and compliance to UNDP rules, regulations and procedures. It is critical to ensure achievement of UNDP Country Programme outcomes through a client-oriented approach.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead monitoring of development projects
- Solid knowledge in financial resources, contracts, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems, and affect staff behavior/attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Communications and Networking
- Has good oral communication skills and conflict resolution competency to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests of varied actors
- Has good written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize project outputs and relevant findings for the preparation of quality project reports
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively mentors Gorontalo staff under her/his supervision
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree (Bachelor Degree) in business administration, management, economics or a social science discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in a related area
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in development co-operation at national and international level; out of which a minimum of three years at international level;
- For Master’s Degree minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in development co-operation at national and international level, out of which a minimum of one year at international level;
- Experience in project management and administration;
- Knowledge of and experience in community development and participatory planning approaches;
- Experience in decentralized co-operation project modalities;
- Knowledge of the development challenges in South East Asia and specifically Indonesia
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, graphics software, spreadsheets and other statistical applications, Internet, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of development challenges faced by Indonesia is essential;
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to governance, community development and decentralized cooperation.
- Fluency in oral and written English is essential; basic knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is required; fluency in oral and written Spanish is an advantage.
“Female candidates are encouraged to apply”
“ UNDP Indonesia reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP Indonesia at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and education requirements.”